Friday, August 17, 2012

Two of These Things are Kind of the Same

I do hate cheating, but once in a while, you come across something so well thought out and documented it warrants posting or linking to its entirety. I came across an article on The American Dream titled "40 Points That Prove That Barak Obama and Mitt Romney Are the Same Candidate." I love that word. PROVE. It just makes me sit up and pay attention. After all the griping, moaning and groaning so many people I know [self included] have done about what a terrible choice this election is, [I have seen Facebook images supporting Cthulhu, Hypnotoad and Odin so far] someone actually went and put in the research hours! Bravo!

I have to admit, after the first few points, I was hooked. Each point has it's linked documentation in either article and/or video format. Of course, there are those who will say, "But my candidate is better because he..." Let's face it, trivialities will mean nothing in the day to day running of Washington D.C. These 40 points ARE the issues facing our country; Economy, Healthcare, Gun Control, Personal Rights, Environment, Taxes...if these core values aren't different between the 2 candidates, what can one possibly hope to change? Or do we truly believe author and presidential mentor [Clinton] Carol Quiggle when she says,

"The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can “throw the rascals out” at any election without leading to any profound or extreme shifts in policy.”


I sincerely hope not. Please click below for an excellent read.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/40-points-that-prove-that-barack-obama-and-mitt-romney-are-exactly-the-same

No comments:

Post a Comment